St. Edward Novena 
 

A novena prayer is a prayer that is prayed for nine consecutive days. This prayer asks for special intercession from our parish saint. The general intention of this daily prayer is for the life and health of our parish. The specific intention is for whatever petitions(s) you would like to offer.

 

St Edward is patron to some specific causes, and they will be included in the novena. Each day, pray the opening prayers, then choose the first through ninth day’s particular prayer and pray them. Finally, pray the closing prayer. 

 

Click here to download the Novena now! 

English / Español 

 

St. Edward

 

Although priests from Riverside came to Corona as early as 1887 to celebrate mass at a "preaching station," (private home), it was almost 20 years before the parish was established as a mission parish in 1896.

 

Fr. J.M. McCarthy built the first church, named after St. John the Baptist and dedicated in 1898 by Bishop Montgomery of the Diocese of Los Angeles. Established as a parish in 1908, it received its first resident pastor, Fr. William Power, the following year.

 

Fr. Clarence Kimmons replaced the original building with a "stone" church twenty years later. At its dedication in 1919, the name was changed to St. Edward, the Confessor.

 

The Sisters of St. Francis arrived in 1947 to oversee the building and operation of the convent and school. Additional units were added in 1948 and 1950. In 1962 the junior high building was constructed.

 

The present church and rectory were dedicated in 1951 during Msgr. Matthew J. Thompson's 32-year term as pastor. In 1980 the interior of the church was remodeled, the work being done mainly by parishioners. By 1988 more than 1800 families formed the parish.

 

Known for its efforts at serving the needy in the community via a Thrift Store, Food Pantry, Emergency Aid Ministry and the like, today St. Edward Parish is home to more than 5,500 families and provides nine weekend liturgies in either English or Spanish.

 

 

 

 

 

Aunque los sacerdotes de Riverside venían a Corona desde 1887 para celebra la santa misa en una “estación para predicar” (un hogar privado), no fue hasta 20 años después que fue establecida como una parroquia misionera en 1896.

 

Padre J.M. McCarthy construyó la primera parroquia, nombrada en memoria de San Juan Bautista y fue dedicada en 1898 por el Obispo Montgomery de la Diócesis de Los Ángeles. Fue establecida como parroquia en 1908, y recibió su primer Pastor, Padre William Power el siguiente año.

 

Padre Clarence Kimmons reemplazó el edificio original, con la fachada empedrada, 20 años después, y el nombre de la Iglesia fue cambiado a San Eduardo, el Confesor.

 

Las Hermanas de San Francis llegaron en 1947 para monitorear el edificio, el convento y la escuela. Unidades adicionales fueron construidas en 1948 y 1950. En 1962 el edificio para la secundaria fue construido.

 

La iglesia y rectoría que se encuentran ahora fueron dedicadas en 1951 durante el término de Msgr. Matthew J. Thompson, que sirvió como pastor por 32 años. En 1980 el interior de la iglesia fue remodelada, y gran parte del trabajo fue por parte de los feligreses. En el año 1988 más de 1800 familias formaban parte de la parroquia.

 

La Iglesia es conocida por sus esfuerzos para servir a los más necesitados en la comunidad con la tienda de segunda mano, la despensa de comida y otros programas. San Eduardo es el hogar de más de 5,500 familias y provee nueve misas dominicales en ingles o español.

St Edward Catholic Church

417 W. Grand Blvd

Corona, CA 92882

Office: (951) 549- 6000

Catechetical Ministry  (951) 549- 6005  

Fax: (951) 549 - 6009 

www.stedwardcorona.com